Dubai is a city that is constantly evolving, and so are its rules and regulations. If you own a car in Dubai, you need to be aware of the process of car renewal. Car renewal is a mandatory requirement for all vehicle owners in Dubai. In this blog, we will guide you through the process of car-renewal in Dubai and give you an idea of the cost involved.
When to renew your car registration in Dubai?
In Dubai, you are required to renew your car registration every year. The registration process can be initiated 30 days prior to the expiry date of your current registration. If you fail to renew your registration before the expiry date, you will be fined for each day of delay.
Documents required for car renewal in Dubai
To renew your car registration in Dubai, you need to submit the following documents:
- Valid Emirates ID
- Valid driving license
- Valid car insurance
- Vehicle registration card
- Old registration plates
- Process of car renewal in Dubai
The process of car-renewal in Dubai is simple and straightforward. You can either renew your registration online or in person at an RTA service center or any authorized testing and registration center. Here’s how you can renew your car registration online:
- Visit the RTA website or download the RTA Dubai app
- Enter your vehicle details and choose the type of service you require
- Make the payment using your credit card or through e-Dirham
- Print your renewed registration certificate
Cost of car-renewal in Dubai
The cost of car-renewal in Dubai varies depending on the type of vehicle you own. Here’s a breakdown of the cost involved:
- Car: AED 350
- Motorcycle: AED 120
- Heavy vehicle (more than 3,500 kg): AED 1,050
- Light vehicle (less than 3,500 kg) private: AED 350
- Light vehicle (less than 3,500 kg) commercial: AED 400
- Additional fees for car renewal in Dubai
- Apart from the renewal fee, there are some additional fees that you need to keep in mind:
- Late renewal fee: AED 10 per day
- Ownership transfer fee: AED 350
Salik tag fee: AED 100
Penalties for not renewing your car registration on time
If you fail to renew your car registration before the expiry date, you will be fined AED 500. The fine increases to AED 1,000 if the registration has expired for more than three months.
Car renewal in Dubai is a simple process that can be done either online or in person. The cost of renewal varies depending on the type of vehicle you own. It is important to renew your registration on time to avoid any fines or penalties. Make sure you have all the required documents in hand before initiating the renewal process.
In conclusion, car renewal in Dubai is a mandatory requirement that needs to be taken seriously. By following the process mentioned above, you can ensure that your vehicle is legally registered and roadworthy. Remember, it is your responsibility as a vehicle owner to keep your registration up to date.